Things to consider when making a smoothie:
There are many flavours to experiment with. For a creamier smoothie use fresh ingredients and for a slushier texture use some frozen ingredients or add ice. The combinations are endless. Get creative, but keep it simple.
- Blending liquid: water, juice, milk, etc. (No milk with acidic fruits to avoid curdling.)
- Sweeteners: honey, maple syrup, agave nectar, etc.
- Spices and extracts: cinnamon, citrus zest, vanilla extract, etc.
- Superfoods: chia, flaxseed, hemp, protein powder, spirulina, etc.
- Fruits and vegetables: apple, orange, strawberry, ginger, mango, pineapple, etc.
- Healthy fat and cream: raw nuts, seeds, nut butter, avocado, banana, yogurt, etc.
- Greens: kale, spinach, mint, basil, etc.
- Ice or frozen fruits.
Note: If using a bullet blender, build smoothie in reverse order.
Challenge your taste buds and develop an affinity for healthier food. Incorporate more green ingredients for their antioxidant properties. Beware of high sugar levels in some combinations. Minimize the frequency of drinking sweeter smoothies.
Post a Comment